Wednesday 26 January 2011

Are we sitting comfortably?

This post is slightly out of the true timeline, I bought some replacement seats in November but it took me till June to actually fit them.

these seats once again came from an Audi, an A4 cabriolet this time and I picked them up quite reasonably on a well known auction site. Only trouble is when I got my hands on them I found the bases were completely wrong for my needs. These were early seats and the bases were tubular with a central adjuster, but I needed late model seats where the bases were flat. After a bit of though and a fit of pique, out came the reciprocating saw and much of the original base was gone. This was replaced with some box tubing and flat bar to give them a flat base. Now my T4 runners could bolt to the seats and after making a modified platform to go on the van, they were in.

Very comfortable, they hugged my sides beautifully.


Over the winter I'd bought a new toy - a flocking gun. This shoots tiny pieces of nylon "flock" electro-statically  from it's positive charged hopper to a negatively charged target. the target being a glue covered piece of trim. The result is a slightly "furry" piece of trim with (hopefully) even coverage. I had a go on the seat plastics and they can just be seen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment