Wednesday 26 January 2011

Rock and roll man

As well as our dog transport, we had plans to use the van for camping. So that we had something comfortable to sleep on I ordered a Cannons Forge Rock and Roll bed. 3/4 width so that I could have the traditional units down one side. At the time these were made to order so facing a few weeks wait I had time to crack on with some other jobs.

Like carpeting the sides.


This was one of the fiddliest but most satisfying jobs so far. going from painted metal to comfy carpet made the back of the van instantly welcoming. Some difficult curves at the tail light swells but it went on fairly well. You can see the Kingspan here too.


And the bed! When TNT delivered this I was home waiting so got the driver to help me put it straight in the back of the van... After inwardly digesting the fitting instructions holes were drilled (not the last time the drill meets my van...) and bolts were tightened. At last we had a place to sleep (well after my mum covered the cushion bases).

No comments:

Post a Comment