Sunday 10 April 2011

Bling bling

It's a fine line.

Since buying the van I've wanted to make it look less like a builders hack and more personal. But the line is where it gets gaudy.

The paint is quite subtle, and the VW sticker on the bonnet is not as large as some I've seen so I think I've balanced it fairly well so far.

But  always want more.

I've already fitted some stainless side bars and after a good spell selling on ebay I got the green light to buy an A-bar.
Originally I wanted the old school type, all aggression and angular steel but since they are rare second hand, I settled on a stainless "Style bar" instead. This was on offer at the time and to be fair it does match the sidebars better than the older one would.


At the same time I got some new pressed licence plates made. These are sold as UK legal so should be no problem come MOT time - my rear plate had started to de-laminate which made new plates a necessity.


To go with them some plate holders were also bought, this way I don't need to drill my shiny plates.

I also sprayed the bumpers in my favourite black Krylon, and yes I have some overspray on the tailgate to clean up...

No comments:

Post a Comment