Wednesday 13 April 2011

On the tiles

Once the sides were carpeted I turned my attention to the floor. Originally covered in a black "made to measure" carpet which was showing signs of everything that had happened in the van. Wood shavings, metal swarf, sand mud, grass, dog fur...

Now I was happy most of the messy side of the conversion was out of the way, I ordered some self adhesive carpet tiles from ebay.

These aren't bad, they came in beige and anthracite and are corded - I know, I ranted about this before but oh well, and seem fairly hard wearing. The benefit of using tiles is I can replace an individual one if it gets too dirty to clean.


Yes I need a new step cover...

They fitted well, but the adhesive was applied in a wavy pattern and doesn't always go to the corners, resulting in them lifting slightly. This was solved using some of the remaining carpet glue from doing the side panels.

The edges at the side door and tailgate were tidied by using some Aluminium treadplate corner protectors, cut and profiled to suit each opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment