Saturday 16 April 2011

Easy peasy

Sometimes the smallest jobs make the biggest difference.

During the latest cold snap my sliding door became a real pain to open, grounching, bouncing and generally nasty to open. I ordered a replacement bottom roler but strangely as soon as the weather got better so did the door.

So the roller replacement was put on the back burner.

As I'm a little financially challenged right now I'm going through the small jobs I've got parts for, but never got around to doing because of something shiney (the magpie effect).

So today, ably assisted by my stunning fiancĂ©e I set about swapping the arm over. I'm glad I did, I was supporting the door as my partner undid the bolts (loosened by me of course!) and when she removed the original arm it came out in 2 bits, arm and roller.

New arm on and a clean and grease of the channel and it's like new, almost silent and glides effortlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment