Friday 18 February 2011

Booking

I wasn't always in security. In a previous employment I was a designer for a switchgear company. Not glitzy or exciting, but good experience.

One thing I brought away from it was to take notes. Always have something to write on nearby, be it a book, PDA or the back of a till receipt. You never know when you get an idea.

For the van I've been keeping a book, and making quick sketch ideas, noting part numbers and making to-do lists up. This is invaluable as so often I'm sat watching CCTV monitors and I start thinking "fake leopard skin scatter cushions - yes!". Maybe not but every idea goes down. Some good, some bad but they are all ideas, and what you may discard because it sounds daft might work if you think about it another day.


Lately I've been thinking about a table top and my battery storage. They may be hieroglyphs but a picture is worth a thousand words.

No comments:

Post a Comment