Tuesday 8 February 2011

Totally floored

As part of a deal with selling my bed, I received a pair or captains seats from a Kia Sedona to fit in the rear.

But before fitting them I needed to address the floor.

The seats came with quick release bases that attach to mounting plates on the floor. These plates stand proud by roughly 40mm, so I wanted to recess them a little.

Killing 2 birds with one stone, I decided to raise the ply floor on battens, which would also allow me to insulate the floor better than before.

Quite an easy job, just cut the battens to length, apply gripfill and press down. Then cut some Kingspan (or similar) to size and fit in between the panels. Lastly relay the ply floor and screw down.


In the pic we can also see the trial fit of the floor plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment